Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Song I play.


One song i want to learn to play.

I have learned a lot of songs that I've been interested in playing for the drums, but of course i would also like to learn the guitar parts and bass parts of those songs to. So for the song that I want to learn all of the instruments it would be The Aftermath by Origin from their album Antithesis.. Origin is a technical death metal band and they are known for their blistering faster drums, guitar and bass. There are a lot of sweeping in this song for both the guitars and bass as well as long double bass parts. I know I can't get vocals down but I know i could get the guitars and bass. For the drums I have developed enough speed and endurance for my hands to keep up with the drums but for the double bass parts I still need some work. I only started using the technique that John Longstreth uses about a month ago and can only reach the 240 bpm mark. Back when I use to do single strokes I could only reach 230. To get the speed and endurance necessary to play The Aftermath, I have set up a training plan for a month. I practice rudiments with my feet, singles, doubles, paradiddles, and so on. I practice with a metronome most of the time and when I do I start at 200 bpm and go up by ten every minute or so. With the pearl eliminators it is quite hard for me to reach a tempo at 270 with my feet because of the slave pedal. The slave pedal in the drumming community is known to have the footboard lower than the master pedal and you need like an extra centimeter down stroke to get the note. When practice my drumming I focus more on my left foot than my right foot because of this problem with the slave pedal. For the guitar parts I need to do a lot of speed training and exercises. There are tons and tons of sweeping for this song and sweeping is one of the hardest things to do for guitar or bass. Which then leads me to have fretboard accuracy which will take time to develop. For the bass guitar. Mike Flores is just a monster in that song. He as well does the sweeping and he has really quick fingers using his index and middle finger. He can probably play notes with those two fingers faster than I can play with all four of my fingers. I need to do a lot of exercises as well do cope with the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment