Monday, November 12, 2012

Possession


My Greatest possession.

Since this has to be a material item that is my greatest possession, if not then it would've been my family because they are irriplaceable and they're the best things that i have in life.(well in my case God would be number one).
My greatest material possession would either be my drumset (mentioned multiple times in my other posts) or my ZuneHD music player. I'll start off with why my drumset is one of my greatest possessions. First off all I love music. Music is my life... haha a lot of people would say the same thing but to me it really is. It's like my second language. So back to the drums... I love playing the drums. I've been playing for about 5 years now as of this day and will always continue to play. The drumset is an endless instrument with endless possibilities. You can tune the toms to notes played on the piano. There are some guys that would take their ride cymbal or whatever cymbal it is and leave it out for weeks and months for it to be rained on etc to get that particular sound they are looking for. I have yet to do this when I have the money. When I play the drums I can fully express what emotion I want out, whether it's anger, joy, sadness, fustration, or even excitement. I started out with a small 4 piece drumset; You know the kind with one rack tom, floor tom, snare and bass drum with 4 cymbals: hi-hat, ride and two crashes. I first started using a single pedal. I remember that every month or so I would add something the drumset and create something new. At one point in my playing I had a rack cage setup. It was the biggest drumset configuration I have ever done in the 5 years of my playing. I took an electronic kit rack and connected it ontop of my gibraltar rack. I put the electronic cymbals on the top rack and the accoustic on the gibraltar. I only had this for like a week or so because i found it to be a useless configuration because theres just so much unecessary things on it. So now im sticking to a 9 piece drumset: 3 rack toms and 2 floor toms, 2 snare, one main and one auxilary and two bass drums. I recently bought a Pearl Eliminator Powershifter double pedal and i love it. The only downside with that pedal is that the slave pedal lags and it takes a lot of practice to get use to it. Overall its a very versatile pedal.
My other greatest possession is my ZuneHD. My first music player was the 1st generation ipod touch but that broke because i opened it. My ZuneHD saves me from my boredom because I have all the music I like in there and i would listen to it for hours. Even though it doesnt have a lot of apps like the Apple Ipod, it focuses more on multimedia applications. The sound quality is much better and the battery life is long. I've had it for about 3 years now and it still like-new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment