Wednesday, November 28, 2012

bio


 My mid 40's was the time things in my life began to slow down. My music career finished after the band played the last shows on our farewell tour where we played the top 5 songs off of ever album. I remember all of our fans screaming and shouting out of saddness and joy that we were no longer continuing as a band and that they had the chance to see our last show. My wife would always tell me how shes not used to me staying for more than a week at home because of all the touring I did in the past, but now she seems to be getting use to it and she's happy that I'm home helping her with some house work and spending more time with the kids. It's been a tough week for me to adjust back to this regular life style without getting calls from the manager saying that there's a gig we have to play at. I now give private drum lessons every tuesday and saturday in my neighborehood.
While I was away on tour I left a house that was so plain and simple. When I came back after my tour my wife hired a renovations company to change the way the house looks. But it wasn't only the looks. She changed a lot of things. Now our room has a walk in closet. How cool is that! More space for my body to move in. Not only that she also change the kitchen. It is now bigger with a bigger refrigerator and a dish washer. No more dishes to be done but we have to clean the dish washer which is easier than the dishes themselves. We now have a swimming pool in our back yard. I think it is pretty neat. It has a slide and a dive board. What made me really impressed is that I now have my own room for all of my records and things I got from touring. All those records hanging on the wall, posters everywhere and my signature equipment.
My kids are in high school. They're pretty popular among everyone only because their dad is a rock star. I remember during the first month I was home my daughter told me that boys were afraid to ask her to a dance. From time to time my son would bring some friends home to jam some music in the music room. I haven't heard him play the drums in a while, the last time was when he was still in middle school. He has improved a lot. From the tempos to the beats he really reminds me of me. Even my wife told me that he wants to be a professional musician like I am and tour the world. I told him that if he wants to be good at the drums he needs to accept every form of music and learn from them. I'll admit, I wasn't like that when i started to play. I was so into only the metal genre but I had to open up and what do you know I ended up being popular amongst all of the drumming communities. Learning many genres of music will shape your playing and make you be a better musician overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment