Wednesday, December 12, 2012

secret santa


Secret santa about the gift

I'm participating in this thing called secret santa. First we wrote our fake names on a small strip of paper than piled them all together. We then threw the papers to the ground and each person had to pick up a piece of paper. Some of the people got their names so we had to redo the process. Some people then found out what other peoples name's were and we all had to re-write a new fake name. After writing the fake name we then again compiled everything and everyone had to pick up a name. The gift that we have to get for our person has to be around $15. I don't know what to get the person but I'm thinking of buying them a binocular.I had many other things in mind to buy the person but all of them are either more than $15 or a little weird.
For example:
I would have bought that person drumsticks but no one in my class plays the drums, unless they broke their sticks that came with a game called rock band.
I would have gotten that person a shirt but I don't know what the person looks for in a shirt and I'm not sure whether it's a boy or a girl. I don't have their measurements and because people are different, they either like their shirts loose or tight.
I would've bought that person a new car but that's to extreme of a gift from a non-family member. A car is way over the $15 budget and chances are he or she does not have a license yet.
Maybe a fedora is a good gift? Nah fedoras are not stylish and they seem pretty unattractive.
I was thinking, why not just give them your old junk? You know that saying, someone's trash is someone else's' treasure? It could be that my dust magnet piece of junk would be the best thing he or she ever wanted.
How about deodorant? It's cool for keeping the body clean of odors. Hopefully if i ever do buy someone deo they wont be offended.
The first thing that came to my mind about giving someone a gift was to give that person $15. I don't really know what that person appreciates but I'm sure they'll appreciate money. They could buy something on their own that they like.
Instead of buying a gift why not a gift card? From say Mcdonalds or subway. I would love to get free food. If I got a $15 gift card I would by a Big Mac meal with a large strawberry shake. If it is for subway I would get 3 footlong sweet onion chicken terryakis.
Maybe I'll just get them binoculars. Binoculars are cool. You can see things far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment