Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One word that describes me.

     If there were to be one word that sums up who I'am then it would be music. The reason why I chose music as the word that describes me is because i love music so much that it is apart of me. If music didn't exist then I wouldn't know who I will be today.
     As I grew older my taste in music changed and so did my attitude. I first started out listening to pop music and I thought that was the best kind of music there is. I would listen to all these people like Chris Brown, Katy Perry etc etc. I stopped listening to pop music when I was introduced to the drums.
     There was a song by Anti-Flag, a punk band, that got me into playing which was Stars and Stripes. In that song was a tom part in the intro which i thought was really cool and would just play that part on the drums all the time. As time past I grew away from Anti-flag and started to listen to those screamo-hardcore bands like Blessthefall and A Skylit Drive. During that period of my life I followed that trend where kids would wear skinny jeans and black shirts with their hair flipped to one side. Then when i was around 12 - 13 years old my brother introduced me into the metal world and that changed my drumming and my personality.
     At first metal wasn't pleasant to my ear and but as I started to listen to more and more I loved it and of course my playing style changed. The very first band that I fell in love with in the metal scene was Cryptopsy. If it weren't for Flo Mounier's brutal and inhuman playing I'd wouldn't have known what a blast beat was. I've been listening to metal for about 4 years now and I have to say that I'm still headbanging. When listening to metal, I love the energetic atmosphere that is emitting from the songs with its blistering fast drumming, crazy riffs and brutal growls. Playing drums to metal is a great work out for me to! The blast beats are a killer for the arms and the the double bass for the legs as well. During the day I just headbang at random moments because I'm think of a song. At times in my life I'll have problems and I have no way to let it all out. Metal has been there with me and I headbang my troubles away.
    Metal has so many different sounds to it and I think that the many people that dislike metal only look at the  brutal face splitting gut blowing side of it. There are genres of metal out there that are actually calm and soothing to the ear like say for example folk metal and symphonic metal. Folk metal to me is an awesome combination of traditional music and from other parts of the world mixed in with distorted guitars and some death metal vocals. Listening to folk metal actually makes me smile and the urge to dance. Symphonic metal to me is just beautiful. The female vocals are lovely and so are the synthesizers.
    As you can see that metal has the most impact on me because of its various genres and sounds but sadly it was the last genre of music that I found out and I wish that I had known it earlier in life. I love playing to death metal drums because its like a work out to me which I've mentioned earlier and now I have pretty big biceps and shin muscles and I'm happy. So to sum everything up, metal runs through my veins and made me who I'am today.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment