Monday, September 17, 2012

Favorite Artist. (not painting type of artist)

I've been listening to music ever since I was four years old. (Some of the things that I'm going to write will pretty much be redundant in my other posts.) I've gone through a couple of music phases, first being pop, second being punk/hardcore stuff and lastly Metal. The first metal sub-genre that I listened to was metal-core, you know those guys like Asking Alexandra, A Skylit Drive etc etc. Death Metal was probably that last genre of music that I fell in love with mostly because I was scared hearing those growls. The instruments to me were just out of this world. I had no idea that notes could be played at such high speeds and be really technical. The band that really caught me into enjoying death metal or any other metal genres (melodic, technical, black) was Cryptopsy. The very first song that got me to be a Cryptopsy fan was Phobophile. When I first heard this song I had no idea what was happening. Everything was just out of control. I remember first playing this song on the drums, I just couldn't could up after the first few seconds when the drums come in. That part with Flo Mounier's hyperblast just blew me away. I took me a long time for my hands the blast that fast and even today I can't really keep up with the speed. The song Phobophile is a track in Cryptopsy's most popular album None So Vile. None So Vile was the first death metal album that I explored. Slit Your Guts, Crown of Horns, Orgiastic Disembowelment, Dead and Dripping, Lichmistress, Graves of Our Fathers, and Benedictine Convulsions are all death metal classics. I think it is the best death metal album ever released. After listening to None So Vile I started to explore more of Cryptopsy's albums, Blasphemy Made Flesh, Whisper Supremacy, ...And Then You'll Beg, Once Was Not, The Unspoken King, and yet to explore and digest their newly released Cryptopsy. I searched on youtube and found Cryptopsy's demo when they were called Necrosis. I didn't expect the drums to be so simple, you know. It's all skank beats and such. Lord Worms voice is still really cool and brutal. Blasphemy Made Flesh has a sound that I really like, Raw and of course the drums over power the other instruments. When I first listened to Whisper Supremcy I was actually scared to listen to the whole album. The sound was just crazy. ...And Then You'll Beg is a good album. I like the album because you can use audacity and pretty much only get the guitars with the drums almost not audible. Once Was Not is a very technical album and I think it shows the true musicianship of the members. Flo Mounier just goes all out with his newly introduced gravity blasts and jazzy grooves along with Alex's blistering fast riffs and crazy solos. The draw back of the album is that the bass is barely audible. In a few songs you can hear only some notes and that's about it. I wish they would've played more of the songs from that album live. I hope that I get to at least see one of their performances live before I die.Cryptopsy is actually a very diverse band. They bring in jazzy parts along with some latin/bossa nova stuff. I really like Cryptopsy mostly because the drums are crazy and is really easy to hear. The drums are like right in your face. I also like the guitar riffs and solos. I think that they make one of the best solos in the metal scene. Jon is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment